Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Super 8 film stock - any cheap alternatives to Kod

  1. #1
    Inactive Member npp's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2000
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi. Looking for alternatives to Kodak. I know about the custom packed FOMA brand - anything else out there that is CHEAP?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member chrust19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2000
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    have you checked out Mike Brantley's page on supplies and services??
    c-

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dGUSTERmTR3b's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 11th, 2000
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    there's a place in Arlington VA, a film lab, that sells Super 8mm film for like $12-14 a roll, but, there's no min amount to order whichi s good

    Jon

  4. #4
    Inactive Member npp's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2000
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Do you know the name of the place in Arlington, VA? I don't want to have to call every photo developing lab in the area. I'm curious to who supplies their stock.

    Thanks!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Kodak really is the best deal. Rarely have I found it cheaper through a reseller. The other thing is that they do give a very good student discount if you can get it. Stay away from the Russian stuff it does not seem to work well at least in my camera.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member npp's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2000
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm not looking for high quality. I just want something that I can afford to waste. I'm planning on doing some heavy expirementation with home processing.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member chrust19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2000
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i agree, Kodak sounds like your best bet, even if you end up trashing it. You can get a cartridge of TriX for under ten bucks, and if you can get a student discount it's another 20% i believe, go with Kodak.
    c-

  8. #8
    Inactive Member dGUSTERmTR3b's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 11th, 2000
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    sorry i thought i responded with the place
    its BONO FILM AND VIDEO ...they're very well known around the area......been around for awhile too..
    i like them because of the fact they dont have a minimum order like Kodak does

    Jon
    ps their website is www.bonofilm.com

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I process my own film and I go straight to Kodak and I get the 20% off too. I can get it for about 7 dollars a roll. That is for Tri-X and Plus-X. The only other thing to do is see if you can find some really old stuff at a garage sale or something. I have processed film that was over 25 years old and it looked fine for B/W.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •